Monday, June 25, 2012

Getting back to it...

Well, the draft is Thursday and I haven't written a post since last draft.  But the wait is over for all of my imaginary readers out there, I plan on cramming for the draft by going a little post crazy the next couple of days.  Early on, I blamed my absence on the lockout but then Grad School and a new job started and I never got back into it.  I have no good excuse and regret letting last season get away from me. 

I did still watch the NBA and loved this postseason that finished with my Miami Heat winning the championship.  In the theme of this blog I have to mention Norris Cole... Did you watch this kid this season?  He had the Miami crowd chanting "M-V-P" during the first game of the season.  I predicted the Bulls taking him #30 overall in my mock draft because of his offense, they took him #28 and then sent him to Miami.  (Why the Bulls ever send good players to Miami is another conversation for another blog, especially when they are still hurting so much for offensive help.)  I figured this kid could play but what surprised me was that he was most regarded for his defense once the postseason rolled around.  Really happy for Cole and hope he has a long career in Miami.

I'll have more on my mock draft and how it compared to the real thing later, however, I can tell you I went 3 for 30 which is pretty bad.  A couple players I liked, teams didn't and some players I didn't like, teams did.  We will not be able to tell who was right or wrong until a couple years have passed but there is one player that I can say I was right about so stay tuned.  I'll even get into a second round pick or two because there is one I loved before the draft and he showed up this year.  I was also disappointed on the lack of bowties during the draft, hopefully that will get fixed this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment